I worked with Miguel Sbastida designing the layout for his book Walk Like a Glacier, which documents a performance carried out in Alaska. Miguel is a visual artist working within sculpture and performance, who addresses issues of geological time, cultural ecologies and climate breakdown in his practice.
The book narrates an action in which Miguel walked for almost two hours, using his body to displace a piece of glacial ice from the upper part of a glacier’s terminus, all the way down to the glacier’s lakebed.
Creative direction and graphic design managed by Carlota Antón. The book was published for the Joan Flasch Artists’ Book Collection of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
This book can be found in the following collections:
· School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Joan Flasch Artists’ Book Collection
· MoMA, Franklin Furnace Artist Book Collection, New York
· Yale University. Haas Arts Library Special Collection, Connecticut
· University of California San Diego, The Geisel Library Special Collection
· University of Wisconsin-Madison, Kohler Artists Book Collection
· Swarthmore College Library Artists Book Collection, Pensylvania
· Pratt Institute, Franklin Furnace Artist Book Collection, New York
· Harvard University Library Special Collection, Massachusetts
You can visit the artist website following this link: www.miguelsbastida.com